A few days friend who was visiting came to me and said “why do you have honey in your bathroom?
Um hello why not??
For years now honey has been a part of my beauty routine so of course there is a place for it on my bathroom cabinet.
Here are just a few beauty uses for honey.
1. Acne - Honey’s anti-bacterial properties make it an excellent cleanser for Acne.
Apply some raw honey to the affected area and rinse off after 10-15 minutes
2. Scars - Honey has a bleaching effect so regular use of honey on the affected area can dramatically fade old or new scars
3. Moisturizer - Honey is very soothing, hydrating and moisturizing.
Use raw honey as a facial mask or use it in any DIY facial mask recipes to reap its benefits
4. Hair Conditioner - Honeys moisturizing and softening properties make it a wonderful hair conditioner. It also give shine to dull hair.
Mix 1 Tbsp raw honey with 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and use your hands to evenly disperse the mixture throughout your hair. Rinse off after 20-30 minutes
5. Lip scrub - Mix honey with brown sugar and a few drops of lemon juice to make the most amazing lip scrub. Simply apply mixture to your lips and gently exfoliate after 5 minutes.
6. Eczema - Honey’s anti-inflammatory properties can help calm Eczema, Rosacea and Psoriasis prone skin. Simply apply honey to the affected area and rinse off after 20 minutes
Do you have any beauty remedies that include honey?